Monday, February 7, 2011

The Homeschool Mother's Journal


In my life this week...the stomach bug. Ugh! The fun part though was having a 3 night sleep over at my friend Dawn's while my husband was out of town. And of course celebrating the 6th birthday of my precious girl!

In our homeschool this week... we actually got caught up finally on Friday! Lou Lou continues to struggle with phonics, but seems to be a whiz at math. Praying phonics gets easier as the year goes on.

Places we're going and people we're seeing... Sunday we went to the aquarium for L's birthday party. It was AWESOME! Especially the new penguin exhibit. It was perfect timing as we had just finished reading Mr. Popper's Penguins last week!

My favorite thing this week was... my husband coming back from his business trip!

What's working/not working for us... Working: Using a timer and giving "Lou Lou Bucks" for getting her work done before the timer goes off. She's much more motivated, focuses better. It's just awesome. She's saving her "bucks" to go get a manicure and pedicure with me! I hope (for both of our sakes ... lol) that she doesn't cash them in beforehand!

Homeschool questions/thoughts I have...
Winter Promise Advanced K program just seems so, well, um advanced for Lou! I wish I knew if it's the program, or if perhaps she's going to need some special help. Sigh. Michael learned to read after like 6 phonics lessons, and suddenly he was reading at a 3rd grade level. I know that's NOT normal, but therefore I don't know what IS normal. Someone please tell me what normal is!

A photo, video, link, or quote to share...

Shoot. Can't get photo to upload :( trying to post a pic of L in the penguin tunnel at the aquarium. Bummer. Maybe I can get it figured out next week. :)

Have a blessed week friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment